Monday, September 14, 2009

Work Dreams

I think it comes with working longer hours, that I dream more about work. I had this strange one right before I woke up this morning. I was dreaming that I was at work, except the office just looked like a small bedroom somewhere. We all had makeshift workspaces, and my boss was working in the corner on a little Fisher Price desk.

Suddenly, this woman comes barging into the room, and it's obvious that she's a customer of ours. The weird part, of course, is that in reality we are a mail order business, and for the most part, only deal with customers over the phone. Anyway....she came in and said "do you have any P240's in stock?". I told her we were sold out, but that I would call her if we got more in. I asked for her phone number, and she said it was "610-354-gibberish gibberish...etc. So, I got closer to her and asked her at least two more times, but I could not make out what she was saying for the last four numbers.

Finally, I was almost up in her face, asking again, "what is your phone number????". With that, she gets this maniacal look on her face, reaches her hands out and locks them around my throat and begins strangling me.

With that, I woke up. Yeesh!!! Work can sometimes be bad, but I'm glad it's never been like my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment