Thursday, July 2, 2009

Holiday Weekend

Today at work, I was making accounts receivable calls for a good portion of the day. It’s definitely not my favorite task, but it is my responsibility, so I dutifully make the calls whenever I can fit them in. The excuses that people have for not mailing payment are just incredible sometimes. One garden center that I called today said they haven’t paid because they have a new accounting system, and nobody knows how to use it. Okay….I’ve got a checkbook, but I don’t know how to open the cover. Riggghhht……

I’m looking forward to having the long weekend off. It’s not like we’re doing anything special, because Ed will still be working his normal schedule, and he even has to work a short day on the 4th. But still, it will be nice to have some time off. I need to read up on my new camera so I can get some good fireworks shots.

The house across the street has gone on the market. I can’t wait until they have an open house, so we can go see it. Realistically, it doesn’t make sense to move, but it is a big, single home as opposed to our twin. The disadvantage is that it’s broken into two units, with the upstairs rented. Each space is only a little over 1,000 square feet, so not much living space there if the one unit is still rented out. Anyway, I will still be curious to see inside the house as soon as they hold an open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment