Friday, July 10, 2009

I Forgot My Drugs

Product Review: Sonic Lime-Cranberry Ade is delicious!

So, the weekend is finally here. I’m doing my grocery shopping after work in the hope that I can free up my day tomorrow for other things—not sure what, but I’m tired of my Saturday being tied up grocery shopping.

On Sunday, we go down to South Jersey to see my mom. We travel to see her about once every three to four weeks. I wish she would come visit us sometime, but she is afraid to make the trip herself. So, since my dad died, and actually much before that, we make the trip to see her. She usually has a few chores for Ed to do around the house, and then we go out to dinner. I always try to pick up a few things from Wegmans that I think she would like. We also exchange a months worth of magazines.

Next week, we really have to start getting ready to go on vacation. Amber goes to the groomer on Wednesday, so at least we’ll be taking a clean dog with us. Ed usually makes lists, and we manage to pack everything and get going without forgetting anything. That is, EXCEPT for the infamous start to our first vacation to Maine three years ago; the “I forgot my drugs” trip. We were over an hour from home when Ed suddenly remembered that he didn’t pack his prescription medications, and we had to backtrack to pick them up. I was not happy.

Next week at work is going to drag, since I’ll only be thinking about getting out of there on Friday the 18th for a whole week of freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Planning a trip with J is interesting. We go through all sorts of things to get there. It's rush of sorts, because we will never, ever miss the drugs, and after 4 years, I really don't want to. HeHe.

    ReplyDelete