Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bad Dream

I have been having a series of dreams recently where I'm much younger in my dream, and I'm with my parents, sometimes my sisters, and they are all much younger, too. Last night, actually this morning, the dream I was having woke me up.

I was in a house, not a familiar house, and the only detail I noticed was that there was a big picture window in the room. I was there along with my mom and my dad. Outside, I could see rolling hills and there was heavy snow falling--blizzard conditions with the snow drifting and the wind howling. The three of us were sitting around just talking, and all of a sudden I felt the room start moving. It was almost like being on a boat riding over the snow covered hills. I started getting scared, and my dad said we'd be okay once it stopped, but it didn't stop. It started picking up speed, and as I watched the hills go by faster and faster out the window, I knew in my gut this was going to end badly.

I realized that the room had detached from the house itself and we were headed for the ocean. Somehow at the last minute, I was able to escape out a window, and my dad also ended up standing on the beach with me. My mother was nowhere to be found, and I was so worried because I knew she couldn't swim and she was so fearful of the water. My dad and I stood there for a while watching the house sink into the water, and then we headed up the beach to another house, where my dad handed me silverware to set a table with...WTF?

Suddenly, I heard a commotion coming from the beach, and a little boy was screaming that my mother stepped on his head getting out of the floating room. I ran down to the beach, and there was my mother, standing soaking wet, smiling.

Weird dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment