Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Watching the Clock

Does time stand still at 5:00 pm, or is it my imagination? Every day at work from 5 pm until 5:15 pm when I can technically leave, those 15 minutes seem to pass by so slowly. The company where I work is in the business of wholesale flower bulbs, so our workload greatly fluctuates throughout the year. June and the first part of July are probably our most down months of the year. Then it’s craziness and overtime galore from August up to the end of November for the fall season. It slows down again around the holidays, and then we prepare for spring shipments in February, and the whole cycle repeats itself. I would always rather be busy than not, so this time of year is rough on me. Oh well, soon enough I’ll be complaining about working Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment