Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rolling In It

My mom gave me a check for $6000.00 last Sunday. It was the second installment on my birthday money. She usually gives me $10,000.00 twice a year---birthday and Christmas. Her theory is that it's better to filter it down while she's alive, rather than be stuck with inheritance taxes after she's gone. Trust me, I am not complaining.

Ed works for a new car dealership, and things on that front have been very slow, so this money is very welcome. I think I'm going to pay off my car. I have $2900 or so to go, and I think it would be nice to know that I own the car outright.

Decisions, decisions.

In other news, I have a crockpot of pork barbecue going for dinner, and I'm looking forward to "So You Think You Can Dance" this evening. Simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment