Monday, August 10, 2009

The Aftermath

Day 1 of no surfing at work went okay. I really don’t have a problem with it, because I don’t goof off on the job much anyway…I’m way too busy most of the time. I did notice that places like Facebook and other entertainment and game sites are blocked. I can still get to all the sites I legitimately need to use, like trucking company websites, Switchboard, etc. My one co-worker is bent out shape that she can’t check her bank balance from work anymore. I also tested and tried to get to blocked sites from anonymizer.com and from Google, and no go. So, the system they are using is fairly sophisticated.

I was looking forward to being able to go back to parking on my street again. As predicted "Dipshit" was parked more in front of our house than his, sticking out a foot and crooked. I squeezed in behind him and should have boxed him in really good. Musikfest is over, and our peaceful little neighborhood returns. Okay, it’s not exactly quiet and peaceful, but at least it’s just the few random Trans Bridge buses speeding up and down the street, and not a constant stream of “fester cars”.

No comments:

Post a Comment