Saturday, August 1, 2009

Training

Today we had training at work from 8 am until 2 pm. First, I hate working Saturdays, secondly it's very boring to get training on what you already know. This training program will ultimately be for new hires, so our group were guinea pigs, I suppose.

The most gratifying event of the session was to point out a major grammatical error on the cover page/mission statement. The whole document had supposedly been proofed by Teacher's Pet (co-worker I don't get along with) and there was a glaring disagreement between subject and verb in the first sentence of the cover page. Oh, the evil eye and daggers I got. She was sitting directly across the table from me.

The best things about the day were Panera souffles for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and time and a half pay.

Oh, and word up to the Trainer Lady...you may think that scilla is pronounced SKILL-UH because you are told "that's the way the Dutch pronounce it", but Webster's dictionary says it's SILL-UH. So, since I'm American...Boss is not going to be getting me to change my pronunciation anytime soon.

As seen at dictionary.com:

Scilla 
/ˈsɪlə; It. ˈʃillɑ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sil-uh; It. sheel-lah] Show IPA
Use scilla in a Sentence
–noun
modern name of Scylla.

No comments:

Post a Comment