Friday, August 28, 2009

Kodachrome

My mom mentioned this evening on our phone conversation that she couldn't find this book of my dad's and she wondered if he had given it to me. It turned out to be a book called "America in Kodachrome", and my dad had responded to an ad and sent in a bunch of family photos way back when, and one that he submitted was used in the book.

I did a little internet search and found the pictures. The picture in the book from our family photos is a picture of my youngest sister at my grandmother's house in Ohio. I think she had just turned five, and she is holding her brand new Barbie doll. It's slide 10 of 32 here:

http://www.rosegallery.net/index.php#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=0&a=34&at=2

I love Kodachrome photos. The color was so brilliant and unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment